speakout/direct and control codes

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Mar 29 20:43:00 EST 2001

I just installed the latest CVS version of speakup using the 2.2.18 kernel
and I find that the control-E character does not get escaped when sending
it to /proc/speakup/speakout/direct.  When I use \005 in front of a
command, I hear "005" followed by the command.  I get similar results when
trying ^E and such.  Isn't this supposed to work?

Let me know if I missed something.

P.S.  I know I'm running the latest version since I can get tone J to take
now.  That didn't work with speakup-0.10A production version.