a speak_freely question

rturner2 at texasisp.com rturner2 at texasisp.com
Sun Mar 25 21:43:26 EST 2001

hi,
well that sure answers some questions!
the only question left is how do i get those ip numbers?
thanks in advance
randy

On 2001-03-27 speakup at braille.uwo.ca said:
y sp>actually, it's more pertenant to say that you connect to their i/p
 sp>address. thus paving the way for you to convers one on one with the
 sp>person in question.
 sp>for instance, let's say you want to connect to your friend in sydney
 sp>australia
 sp>if you know their ip address for this argument we'll use the ip
 sp>202.139.185.77
 sp>what you do is open a conection as you normally would but instead
 sp>of putting the location of an lwl server, you put the ip 202.139.
 sp>185.77 and make sure that you are both using the same port whether
 sp>it be 2074 or 4074 or whatever other ports r used by speak freely.
 sp>the same principal applies in netmeeting and other such
 sp>applications that require ip addresses for communication purposes.
 sp>other packages like firetalk etc require u to have an
 sp>identification number not dissimilar to a phone number.
 sp>I hope this helps..
 sp>Shaun..
 sp>----- Original Message -----
 sp>Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 11:30 AM
 sp>> hi all,
 sp>> i was reading the sflwl doc of speak_freely,
 sp>> and if i understand it right you can find and connect to
 sp>> a speak_freely user by there email address.
 sp>> if so can some one explane this to me?
 sp>> is it possable with speak_freely to speak just to one person at a
 sp>>time  a one on one chat?
 sp>> thanks to all in advance.
 sp>> randy
 sp>> Speakup mailing list