Speakup Sans Speech

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Mar 23 16:30:40 EST 2001

Hi, Kirk:

Well, I thought you had thie issue of booting even if no synth was
connected worked out, too. But, perhaps this Thinkpad is the exception
that proves the rule? I suppose it may be the Phoenix BIOS. But, it
definitely doesn't work on this machine.
So, I have recompiled with 'none' as the default. I have added some
symlinks in /boot for each of my synths, e.g. ltlk, dectlk, etc., and
added each of these in lilo.conf as a separate image with an appropriate
append= line for each. This works like a charm. I can choose 'silent' and
boot without speech, or ';ltlk' and boot with the Litetalk, etc.

Now, for the rest of that nagging agenda! <grin>

Thanks for the prompt response this morning.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Will electronic books surpass print books? Read our white paper, Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.html

Download a free sample Digital Talking Book edition of Martin Luther King Jr's inspiring "I Have A Dream" speech at
http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at http://www.afb.org/technology/accessapp.html