Speakup Sans Speech

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Mar 23 09:32:56 EST 2001

I am confused by the following option in the .config file as patched by
Speakup:

Enter the four to six character synth string from above or none.

I certainly get it as regards a particular synth. But, do I type 'none'
and press enter, or do I type nothing at all and simply press enter if
what I want is a kernel that will come up silent?

I am currently configured with ltlk as my default, and this works just as
it should when the Litetalk is connected. Regretably, on this particular
machine, the boot hangs if no synth is present.

So, does the 'none' option do the trick? And, do I actually type that in?
Or do I leave it blank?
 --

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Will electronic books surpass print books? Read our white paper, Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.html

Download a free sample Digital Talking Book edition of Martin Luther King Jr's inspiring "I Have A Dream" speech at
http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at http://www.afb.org/technology/accessapp.html