maybe slightly off topic

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Tue Mar 20 22:43:01 EST 2001

            Hi list,

First, thanks to all of you for your great help and patience in answering my
already numerous questions. Second, I know this may be a bit off topic, but
I really wasn''t sure where else to ask this. A while back I asked a
question on this list regarding midi players for linux. I believe that it
was Matt Campbel who recommended timidity 2.10.2 besides the recommendations
of others. Well, I got the source for timidity. I compiled everything
according to the instructions given. I did 'sh configure --without-x' which
went fine with no errors. Next, the instructions say to do 'make'. When I do
this, I get at least three errors in 'url.c'. I took a look at the code, and
do not see what seems to be causing the errors. Does anybody out there have
working Linux binary of this program that they could e-mail to me? If not,
then could someone please tell me what other info I should provide, and I'll
provide it. As always, thanks for any help in advance.
Greg