icq

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Mar 20 22:36:29 EST 2001

Far as I know, BitchX doesn't do ICQ. (Besides, as an IRC client...it
talks too much for my taste. I use Epic with a modified .ircrc...)

But anyway, there are a couple of ICQ programs I use:

micq:
ftp://micq.chatzone.org/pub/micq

Think the latest version is 0.4.6. It's very straightforward.

Centericq:
http://www.konst.org.ua

It takes a bit to grok how it works, but once you do it's OK. There's
a bit more crap on the screen than I'd prefer, and file transfer
doesn't work right, but it's the one I use when at home--I use micq
when logged in remotely.

I also have licq, which has a console plug-in, but it's cluttered and
doesn't read well IMO. But it does have a working file transfer.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind