setting up email for linux.

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Tue Mar 20 06:28:34 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Shaun Oliver wrote:

> thanks for the vote of confidence geoff.
> I think though the specs I showed u, were allowing mail to go to root only
> and not the user Shaun. I think I have it sussed by doing user shauno is
> shauno Shaun Shaun here;
> but then again I might be wrong.

I think the syntax is "user shauno is shaun here" assuming your local
account is shaun and your pop3 account is shauno.  I don't have to deal
with this however, as I run fetchmail as the user that it's intended for.
This has its advantages - you can control polling for mail on a
user-by-user basis.  Running it this way, you need only do "user shauno" as
it will deliver to the account running the process.

Geoff.