NEW VERSION

Shaun Oliver shauno at sgtnet.com.au
Tue Mar 20 04:12:57 EST 2001

of course you can.
all you need to do is make sure that you have either a linux native
partition or both linux native and linux swap partitions on your hard drive
or you will more than likely run in to problems during the install.
you can use either cfdisk or fdisk for this task.
if you want to partition a ide drive and you want the linux os to be on your
master drive, do, cfdisk /dev/hda or, fdisk /dev/hda
or for skuzzy do, cfdisk /dev/sda or fdisk /dev/ssda
then press n to create the new partition, then press t to get a list of
partition tables. you only need to worry about linux swap "type 82" and
linux native "type 83".
after you've configured your partitions to suit you, press shift+w to write
the partition table to the disk.
I've probably missed a few things along the way, but I'm sure that someone
else will pick up on it.
Shaun..