good news

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sun Mar 18 20:46:42 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'm just writing to report a happy ending to my ata 66 controller problems under linux to which I refered to on this list a while back.  I sat down and did a search for the manufacturer of those controllers which is highpoint technologies.  I found their site and on it a patch for the 2.2.16 kernel or higher for linux.  If anybody has an Abit be6-ii motherboard or Highpoint Technologies 366-370 controllers and wants a kernel patch for them to be recognized under linux, go to:
http://www.highpoint-tech.com
or e-mail me and I'll send the patch to you.  Another good bit of news is that I got my sblive card to work without alsa but with the kernel drivers.  The only piece of hardware left is that pctel modem of mine.
Dreg