please help in patching kernel

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sun Mar 11 23:08:04 EST 2001

Hi all,

I got around to getting the linux module for my pctel modem so that I could start using the net with linux.  However, the module comes with no documentation what so ever, and I don't know how to include support for it in the kernel or otherwise.  It came in a 'pctel.zip' archive.  When I unzipped it, it dumped some *.a files in to /lib.  It also dumped 'Makefile' and 'pctel.c' in to /src/module, which I moved in to /usr/src/module.  It also dumped 'pctel.o' and another '.o' files in to somewhere else.  I can tell you though that it wasn't in to /lib/modules/2.2.18.  If anyone could please tell me what to do with these so that the kernel prompts me about how to install the modem when I do make config, I would greatly appreciate it.  Also, if anyone would like to see the exact contents of the original pctel.zip, please let me know, and I'll e-mail it to you.  Thanks in advance for any help.
Greg