tar archives.

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasagacottage.com
Tue Mar 6 03:59:49 EST 2001

Hi Shawn,

	the comand line is:

		gzip -cd file.tar.gz | tar xf -

	This is a "tar"-ed file that has then been compressed with gzip. You have to uncompress it before you untar it.

HTH

You wrote:

-=> Hi again guys. this might give yu an insite as to the errors I'm receiving.
-=> When I try tar parameters filename, I get a mesage sayint you must specify one of the Atracks options or something like that. the perameters I used were as follows.
-=> tar -vw eggdrop1.6.2.tar.gz thanks again guys.
-=> Shaun.