pine, sendmail, and local mail.

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Mon Mar 5 13:14:48 EST 2001

Steve -

I think I am on top of this thing at long last. It turns out the idea of
masquerading was the key, although the syntax you suggested is apparently
not what my version of sendmail wanted. In the sendmail section on
masquerading there is a "DM" command to which I appended my desired
domain. I used the same syntax as Frank Carmichael suggested for the
"DS" command, to which I appended my smtp address. Finally I made an entry
of the form "CL" followed by user name for each user on my system needing
local delivery, and those three changes were all it took to solve the
problem.
I can now send mail locally among my local users without triggering my
demand dialing, and my outgoing mail carries the correct return
address. Fantastic! I have not yet looked at email from Lynx, but I bet
anything that it is now fixed too.

Many thanks for your, Frankie's, Janina's, and everyone else's help.

Janina - are you listening? It works!!!

Chuck

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)