using lynx.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Mar 1 10:57:04 EST 2001

Just dive in. The water is warm.

Basic keys -- use up and down arrows on the 4-key cursor cross to go up
and down through links. TAB works, but shift-TAB doesn't, so up and down
are better.

ENTER or right arrow to traverse a hyperlink.

? that's "question mark" for mor help.

The real important issue for a blind user is to set the "show_cursor"
feature to on. You can do that at the command line like so:

lynx -show_cursor

To learn more about all the cool ways to use Lynx try:

http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus

and search for "Lynx"

You can do a lot with Lynx once you learn how including front-ending Real
Audio streams.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

janina at afb.net
(202) 408-8175
http://www.afb.org/gov.html

The invention of the printing press has been named the crowning achievment
of the past millenium. Yet, electronic publishing will soon eclipse it.
Read our White Paper: "Surpassing Gutenberg" available at:

	http://www.afb.org/ebook.html

Are you developing software? Make it accessible to blind computer users.
Read http://www.afb.org/technology/accessapp.html to learn how.