Speakout and com port installing slackware

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Jun 30 16:11:13 EDT 2001

Hi John.  The best way to accomplish what you want to do is make the boot
and root disks.  It seems like you have done this already.  The lilo is
already in the boot disk.  When you boot off that disk you will hear the
disk spin for a little bit.  Here is the lilo prompt.  In most cases the
speakout will auto load regardless of the serial port you have it set to.
There are some cases however where this does not work.  What you can do is
specify speakup_ser=0 if the speakout is on com1 or speakup_ser=1 if the
speakup is on com2.  So when the disk stops spinning for that short time
you enter at the prompt which will not be talking at this point:  linux
speakup_ser=x and press enter.

If you are still having problems write here or to me and I can help you
further.  I've installed slackware many times on different machines.

---
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
We learned to talk...
---