New Braille Notetaker From Papenmeier

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Wed Jun 27 00:30:27 EDT 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Saqib Shaikh wrote:
> surely digital talking books will be distributed on cdrom, and not on hard
> disk, so all they need is to support a usb/pcmcia/parallel cdrom drive.

I don't think that carrying an extra cdrom and cable to hook it to the
system is much in line with the point of the system. Also, as far as the
playing of MP3s, I think this is more of a marketing tool then a usability
thing. At least in the near term when using solid state storage. I guess
compact flash is afordable as a medium, but....

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when open.
If your too open minded, your brains will fall out.