alternate keypad for speakup

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Wed Jun 20 15:05:58 EDT 2001

This brings up an interesting idea.  What if one had a machine that was
being shared with sited users and he wanted to kill the speakup keys so the
numpad would be available for its original functions.  I believe that
speakup patches the original keyboard defines, if I'm not mistaken.  Could
we some how keep a generic linux keyboard around and simply use loadkeys to
switch keyboard defs in and out?  Of course, speakup would have to be
compiled into the kernel and all that good stuff.

Would something like this work?