Speakup-enabled kernels

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at worldfront.com
Mon Jun 18 15:10:07 EDT 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Holmes, Steve wrote:

> I think her problem was she downloaded a fresh 2.4.5 kernel and tried
> applying a CVS patch to it and could not find the modules.  She wasn't clear
> on what steps she took but this is my interpretation of her problem.

Yes, this is exactly what happened.  And I then jumped to the conclusion
that maybe speakup was already built into the kernel since I hadn't really
been following this discussion.  So, instead of jumping to that
conclusion, I should have asked:  Does the cvs not work with2.4.5 and if
not, what do I need to do?

And yes, there are archives, but I had gotten confused enough that I still
didn't see the anser to my question.

                              Cheryl