speakup+emacspeak+debian

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasagacottage.com
Mon Jun 18 05:40:22 EDT 2001

Hi Saqib,

	You cannot have both emacspeak and speakup running siimultaneously, unless you have two synthesizers, each assigned to one of the programs. ie. they can work simultaneously, but they cannot share a synth resource.

	--terry

You wrote:

-=> hi all,
-=> in order to get a newbie up and running, i installed debian linux using speakup 0.10a. we now have a talking system using speakup. i then did
-=> apt-get install emacspeak-ss
-=> this went to the cd and installed emacspeak-ss, emacspeak, emacs, tcl, tclx, bla bla bla and all the things it needed. i then entered ins+enter on the keypad and typed emacspeak. emacs beeped at me. so i turned speakup back on to review the screen and anything i did, even c-x c-c resulted in "process speaker not running". in the past i have run just speakup, and currently i am running just emacspeak. i don't understand how to get both working at once.
-=> thanks for any help.
-=> saqib
-=>
-=>