FAQ gally proof

Yvonne Smith yvonne at thewatch.net
Sun Jun 17 23:55:20 EDT 2001

Ann Parsons writes:
 > Hi YVonne,
 >
 > <smile>  Yeh, you're right, but you can not use Lynx and you can not
 > use pine or any other app that isn't connected with emacs.

Well yeah, this is true, but that wasn't what was said. What you said
was that ftp and telnet are impossible, and those examples simply
aren't accurate. Now if you used pine and lynx as examples, I can see
your point.

Oh, and BTW, if you're looking for an ftp client for a shell in emacs,
try lftp. It's a proper command line ftp client, and I haven't had
much trouble with it. Straight old ftp itself works just as well, of
course.