FAQ gally2: Distro Prejudice

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jun 17 11:57:14 EDT 2001

I expect we don't want to betray a bias toward one linux distribution over
any other. In fact, I think the current faq does exactly that without
meaning to. All the examples are slackware based.

The solution, imho, is to carefully insure that examples are given in such
a way that the main distros are represented somewhere in the faq. I don't
mean many examples, one for each distro, where examples are. I just mean
that on the whole, there should be parity. Else, there's a subtle
implication of favor.