Sound problem again

baggett at euclid.Colorado.EDU baggett at euclid.Colorado.EDU
Sat Jun 16 14:20:48 EDT 2001

Hi All,
I have installed speakup as follows:
downloaded the boot and root disks for slackware 7.0
and a dectalk express.
I booted with the boot disk;  everything is fine.
I inserted the root disk;  everything is fine.
Speakup runs perfectly;  I downloaded loadspk and
installed it;  everything is fine.

However, I had no sound on my SBLIVE card.
I re-installed my alsa (three parts), but
I still have no sound.  I get the message,
when I try to modprobe my card, like
"unresolved symbols" and such.
I'm puzzled as to what to try next.
One more mystery:
On bootup, I get an announcement of
"Error in init string" before I get the login prompt.
I get this announcement even if I have silenced speakup with the return on the
keypad.

Is this a mystery anyone has heard of?
Thanks.

Larry