ES1371 with OSS and ALSA

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Jun 16 09:30:24 EDT 2001

Hi folks:

A friend got a SB vibra128 which is apparently analogus to the ES1371.  He
currently has it running under OSS with kernel 2.4.something.

I'm trying to remember the limitations of this card and drivers.  I have a
vague recollection about the need for -dneeded-linear with speak freely due
to bad implementation of /dev/audio in the ossfree driver.  Is this
correct?  and if I also remember correctly, alsa works just fine with this
card.  Is this also right?  Anything else I should be aware of with this
card?

Geoff.