Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Jun 15 13:16:01 EDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Note that the below is only true for ie5.5.
> I don't know of a way to do this in earlier versions,
> and no, it doesn't work in them.
> If you have ie5.5, and you want to download any type of link,
> just high-light the link, and right-click on it.
> You'll get a menu.
> One of the options in there will be something like
> download link. Just select that, and you should be all set.

Actually, this will work for any version from 4.0 on. If they right click
they want to chose, "Save file as" option. This will save the file to
disk. The mode of transfer will depend on the link type and the header of
the file. If it appears to be a text file, it will be transfered in text
mode. This won't be good for a binary image.

The best bet will require maintnance in the event that download locations
change. The best thing is to give specific information on how to download
the information using the windows FTP client. That will involve issuing
the binaray command (which can be abbreviated to bin).

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.