Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Fri Jun 15 09:22:58 EDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Ann Parsons wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Kirk, you mentioned two things you wanted in the FAQ.  One was about
> switching one's machine to receive binary when downloading the proper
> files.  The other was something about rawrite.  Can you please tell me
> again what that was?
>
> Also, can somebody give me specific info on how to switch to binary
> mode when using the web.  Do windows people have to do a certain thing
> or what.
no they don't.
and ordinarrily you wouldn't have to worry about doing anything special
for linux either.
Just point out however, that if you try to download a linux binary with a
browser eg, lynx, you might just see the code of the file you are trying
to get displayed on a screen rather than downloading it as it was
intended.

Shaun..
"We realise we have a problem with communication. However, we're not going
to discuss it with our staff."
EMAIL: shauno at goanna.net.au ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO ID: blindman01_2000 IRC NICK/SERVER: |3|1ndm4n on #aussiefriends on
www.jong.com:6667