Debian package updating reminder please

Kenny Hitt kennyhitt at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 09:16:59 EDT 2001

Hi, you use the
apt-cdrom program to catalog your CD ROMs.  To install a package, use
apt-get install <package name>
I use dselect to get the package name.  Most of the time, I just use dselect.
One thing which helps with dselect, is to park your reading cursor on
the line which shows the status of the selected package.

With a new system, you might want to use
tasksel.
This program installs all the packages needed for particular tasks.
Hope this helps.
          Kenny