US Robotics 2976 modem

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Thu Jun 14 10:13:09 EDT 2001

Hi,

Yes, I am.  I didn't do anything special to make it work.  I just put it in, and it worked.  If you have two onboard serial ports in your system, and if you have anything below kernel 2.4.4, it will be /dev/ttyS2.  If you have kernel 2.4.4 or 2.4.5, it will be /dev/ttyS4.  Don't ask why that is, because I don't know.  That's at least how it shows up on my system.  What kind of problems are you having with it?
Greg