alsa troubles

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasagacottage.com
Mon Jun 11 17:38:08 EDT 2001

Hi Raul,

	Don't know if this will help, but maybe...

	I'm attaching my alsa configuration that gets put into the /etc/modules files by update-modules (Debian).  I'm no expert in this but it works for my SB AWE64 ISA pnp using isapnp.conf, configuring alsa driver --with-isapnp=no.

HTH

	--terry
You wrote:

-=> Hi Kirk and everyone.  Well I hope to get this working. I'd like to get to play sounds and eventually use Linux to get on the reflecter..
-=>
-=> I've configured isapnp.conf and when I run the isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf line I do get an ok.  I've edited the modules.conf to alias the correct module snd-sbawe
-=> on irq 5 etc to match what is in isapnp.conf.
-=>
-=> Now when I try to modprobe snd-card-0 or modprobe snd-card-sbawe I get the device or resource busy error.  I've checked the kernel and sound itself is a
-=> module and nothing else is compiled in.
-=>
-=> As I speak I'm remaking alsa with the --with-card=sbawe and --with-isapnp=no as suggested as well.
-=>
-=>
-=> Once again, thanks for any help offered.
-=>
-=>
-=>
-=> Raul A. Gallegos -- raul at asmodean.net