Speakup boot disk question

Dan Murphy mweeby at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jun 11 05:30:22 EDT 2001

Hello Listers.
I just used the new speakup.s bootdisk to upgrade my system and all
went reasonably well, but I have one question.
Since the kernel was compiled with no specific synthesizer starting at
boot time, I have to give the synthesizer name at the lilo prompt on
boot-up.  Is there any way of adding that line to the lilo.conf file
so I don't need to do this?  this may have been mentioned but I wasn't
really paying attention at the time.
Any help would be appreciated, since although  I don't mind doing it
this way I rather like my Speakup coming up automatically when I
choose Linux.