alsa drivers/utils/lib

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Jun 7 18:08:21 EDT 2001

Hi:

The utils, libs and drivers do need to be the same version number, but not
necessarily the same letter. for example, you will probably want to use the
latest release in the 0.5.11 tree for the driver.  I would guess that there
should also be lib and utils version 0.5.11 or something similar.  What I'm
saying is that 0.5 is a different beast to 0.4 and 0.9, and none of those
will mix.  So if you're using 0.5.9d or 0.5.11 or whatever, at the very
least it needs to be version 0.5.x of the libs and utils.  I'd get the
latest of each in the 0.5.x range.

Geoff.