kernel hangs at boot time.

Jacob Schmude jacobs at surferie.net
Tue Jun 5 18:07:21 EDT 2001

Hi
   You wouldn't happened to have configured the DevFS filesystem into the
kernel, did you? Speakup and DevFS don't cooperate well together and, on my
system at least, cause the kernel to hang right after the loading kernel
message. If you did you'll need to remove it until speakup can coexist with
it, which will hopefully be sometime in the near future.
   If not, put your old configuration back into place and make whatever
changes you did make, one by one. Compile a new kernel after each change,
until you find the one that's giving you trouble. It's a long and boring
process, but it's really the best way to find out just what change caused
the system to hang.