slackware is first again

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sun Jun 3 13:18:51 EDT 2001

Hi folks.  I urge all of you to try these kernel boot images to make sure
they will work with your synthesizer.  I have a doubletalk, speakout and
transport which I've tested tis on and it works fine.  You can get these
currently from
ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-current/bootdsks.144

The files are called speakup.i and speakup.s.  The default synthesizer is
none so you have to give it a kernel loader line like this:
speakup_synth=xxx where xxx is the name of your synthesizer.  dtlk txprt
spkout etc.

ps: My last name is g a l l e g o s *big grins*