A more complete log about my disk access errors

Victor Tsaran tsar at sylaba.poznan.pl
Sat Jun 2 18:14:09 EDT 2001

Hi, Kirk!
That sheds some light. I will probably end up downloading a diag diskette
for Western Digital drives and see whether they detect DMA capabilities. OK,
if it turns out that I was fooled by Windows during all this time, do you
know of any parameter which I could use to tell Linux to fall to PIO mode
right away?
Best,
Victor