Burning ISO images?

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Jul 25 11:57:27 EDT 2001

Steve:

I last used CD Creator about a year ago, so my recollection will be hazy
on the details. I can tell you that it will create a CDR from an ISO
image, because I did that. I also created an ISO image using this
application.

If memory serves, simply give it the .sio file as it's object and it
should create a working CDR, as opposed to burning [filename].iso as a
file onto the media. But, there may be a flag setting involved. Look under
Files in the toolbar.

Frankly, if ytou've got linux working, dump Easy CD Creator. The command
line linux program cdrecord is far, far easier to use. You would do it
something like this in linux:

cdrecord -v -speed=2 dev=0,0,0 slackware.iso

The filename may be different, your scsi device may be different (do
cdrecord -scanbus to find out where it is), and it may support speeds
faster than 2--but this should give you the general idea. After all the
posts on how the heck to use Easy CD Creator that constantly choke the
various blind Windows users' lists, this should look refreshing, imho.

 On
Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Steve Holmes wrote:

> I'm curious about the format of a >ISO file such as the slackware distros.
> I tried using EZ CD creater and it couldn't handle the format - seemed to
> be incompatible or one disk I created wrote out the whole thing but my
> system could never read the disk.  I then successfully burned the same
> image with Nero but I generally perfer EZ CD's user interface instead.  I
> would like to use CD Creater if possible for the future until I dump
> winblows all together:).
>
> Any ideas?

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp