plan files

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Jul 24 18:55:38 EDT 2001

Hi Greg

If your system enables the finger daemon and I issue a finger request for
your URL, your .plan file would be copied into the report I would
receive. Other public information would be included too, but you could
tailor a special message to be displayed to those who finger you - or
rather who give you a finger - or - well, you get the picture. The finger
command is not very popular any more, but when everybody had a dialup
shell account which could be queried 24X7 it was pretty useful.

HTH - Chuck