time of day (joke)

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Jul 24 17:12:53 EDT 2001

Several  people have written to me privately asking why I don't just use
the National Institute of Standards and Technology time service,
"time.nist.gov", to set the time on my system. The reason is that for some
years, since I retired from teaching in 1994, I have been providing the
time of day to them. They check with me around midnight each day and I
check my watch for them, since I have plenty of time and not much to
do. So it really would not help much, my getting the time back from
them. I am therefore interested in learning about other sources. Sometimes
I worry that we all get our time from each other, but hey, if we all
agree, what's the difference?

Visit me at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh