Compiling freeamp

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Tue Jul 24 06:21:24 EDT 2001

I am attempting to compile freeamp 2.1 but it refuses to compile.
I grabbed the freeamp source and attempted a build; but it couldn't locate the musicbrainz
library. I got the source for the library and attempted to build it but
configure bombed out with an error "Can not run ./config.sub"
config.sub is a symbolic link into /usr/share/data/something that I don't have. Has anyone
compiled freeamp 2.1 and musicbrainz or were we all lazy and grabbed binaries or upgraded
to Debian unstable? I'm running Debian Potato and do not
want to run 2.4.x or unstable at this time.

Regards, Kerry.

Kerry Hoath: kerry at gotss.net
alternatives: kerry at gotss.eu.org or kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ UIN: 8226547