time of day

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Tue Jul 24 06:19:07 EDT 2001

There are a number of programs to do this. There is netdate or rdate;
these set time to within 1 second accuracy using the time services on port 37 tcp/udp.
There is also the ntp suite of tools that can either do 1 shot time ajustments
using ntpdate or can keep your system clock accurate to within
a few tens of miliseconds once you give it time servers.
You can also check out the time tools by DJB
http://www.pobox.com/~djb if you are not online all the time.