virtual consoles

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Jul 22 07:17:21 EDT 2001

I thought the number of consoles was determined by compile time options
for the kernel.  Also, look in /etc/initab.  That file has startup code
for the first six consules and I'm quite sure you just add the additional
ones you need.  I'm not really sure about kernel compil options if that is
necessary or not but definitely the initab is worth looking at.  I've
personally never had more than four consules open at once so far.