seeking advice for speeders

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sat Jul 14 14:15:53 EDT 2001

Hi Chuck and all,

Ok, I'm actually preparing to jump on the dsl band wagon as well.
You won't have to put any hardware into your pc if you get an external
dsl router. As for the install being free, I don't think I've ever
heard of that before, unless this is some kind of limited time
promotional deal.
If you end up getting dsl, you can get rid of your
second line, since dsl and phone signals can
both go over the same line
(you just put a filter between your garden variety phone
and wall jack to filter the digital signals) (you can of course use your phone while you're on the net).
As for the install, that of course varies from isp to isp.
My isp says that they will handle Linux installs on a case by case basis.
Well, that's just my penny's worth on the subject.
Greg