dosemu yet again: sorry

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Jul 13 09:45:37 EDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Gene Collins wrote:

> Janina was commenting earlier about running full-screen DOS programs
> like Word Perfect 5.1 and the like with ASAP.  I run ASAP with my dosemu
> sessions all the time, and use such programs as the ONLINE BIBLE,
> FOXPRO, etc. with no problem.  Of course, I am using a serial synth, a
> LiteTalk, and not a built-in synth like the DoubleTalk.

Very glad to hear this works, and very grateful for your clear and consice
instructions on how to get dosemu working with this kind of cunctionality.

Question:

Are you using the same synth in dosemu that you use with speakup? Or is it
a separate synth?

One more thing: If we can now find a way to read .wpd files -- the newer
WordPerfect file format, we'd have something very powerful here. I have
Corel WordPerfect for linux on CDR, but do not have it installed
currently. I expect there's a binary and libraries there somewhere that
would provide downgrading .wpd to the older wp format used by WordPerfect
5.1. Those utilities also provide access to other formats such as M$
Word's .doc. It would be very helpful, imho, if we could access these
functions via command line in linux. At least, I know I'd find this
useful, but I think other people would like this as well.

Is anyone interested in working on this? I think I can legitimately
provide the application for this purpose.