Physical verses and logical drive

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Fri Jul 13 04:24:15 EDT 2001

You can put it on a second hard drive or a logical drive
on an extended partition but you'll need a boot manager capable
of booting logical drives in the extended partiton. The standard
dos/windows MBR can not do this, it wants to boot 1 of 4
primary partitions. If you use lilo in the mbr it can
load Linux from an extended partition, but if you re-install
Windows it will wipe lilo out of the mbr so have a boot disk handy
to boot the system and rerun lilo to refresh the mbr again.

Regards, Kerry.

Kerry Hoath: kerry at gotss.net
alternatives: kerry at gotss.eu.org or kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ UIN: 8226547