maybe ot: dosemu question

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Jul 12 16:37:58 EDT 2001

DR-DOS had a lot to recommend it. I had troubles with it, however. There
was just too much that it insisted on in its own way--and there seemed to
be penalties for not following suit. I'm sorry I don't recall the
specifics because it's been years.

For my money, I'd much rather use 4DOS (available for free download as
shareware) from http://www.jpsoft.com. Very, very cool. Supports lots of
unix type things that DOS doesn't, like alias. In fact, I use aliases to
redefing my 4DOS commands to be as unixish as possible with great success.

Of course, since speakup and linux, I don't do much DOS anymore.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)