A few questions

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Jul 12 10:44:30 EDT 2001

When alocating swap memory you need to keep in mind that mroe then 128 on
aq single drive will be a waste. Thus if you feel a need for more, use
more drives. 'You can have a swap partition on each drive in your
system. Indeed it is recomended in the documentation that you split the
swap between drives for better performance.

That being said, I have a 32 MB machine that runs fine. I have worked with
32 MB of swap on a single drive. I have done 32 MB swaps on both
drives. No difference noted. But I don't really tax my system ever.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

The mind is like a parachute; it works much better when open.
If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.