user friendly browsers

Ed Thurston thurston at cfw.com
Wed Jul 4 18:18:17 EDT 2001

Hi Ann,

Many thanks for the additional info.  I am really starting from scratch and
every bit helps.  My friend who set up the computer was very pushed for
time and did a great installation,but ran out of time before showing me
many  of the ropes.

Many thanks for  the Speakup tutorial, you did a great job!

Till next time,

Ed,

At 07:04 PM 7/4/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Larry, you can't leave the poor guy in the cold like that.  If you'll
>pardon my "french" you got to give him the whole loaf not just half a
>bagget.
>
>Ed when you get his file up and running, start Lynx by typing the
>following:
>
>lynx http://linux-speakup.org
>
>Or whatever site takes your fancy.  You can get to additional links by
>typing a g for go and entering the URL you want in the edit field.
>Use the right and left arrows to go back and forward between pages.
>Then, if you want to save a site to your bookmarks file, type an a.
>If you want to download something, type a capital D on the link to the
>thing you want to download.
>
>Those commands should get you started.  After you work with the big
>cat a while, you'll discover it's really friendly and you can make it
>purr.
>
>Ann P.
>
>--
>			Ann K. Parsons
>email:  akp at eznet.net 			ICQ Number:  33006854
>WEB SITE:  http://home.eznet.net/~akp
>"All that is gold does not glitter.  Not all those who wander are lost."
JRRT