user friendly browsers

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Jul 4 21:29:23 EDT 2001

What happens if you press the letter g and then type in a uri such as:

	http://www.linux-speakup.org

and press enter? Does the speakup web site home page come up?

PS: Where is your cursor while you're in Lynx? Press the dot key on the
numeric keypad to find out. The dot is the smaller key between insert/0
and the enter key on the numeric keypad.

PSS: Is link numbering turned on in your lynx? Or do you just not like
that? I ask because most blind lynx users prefer this, in my experience.

Please tell us a little more. I am very sure we can turn you into a fan of
lynx.

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Ed Thurston wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am very much a newbie!  Around three months ago a friend set up this
> Linux system for me and gave me some start up instructions.   I am using
> Speakup, SlackWare, Elm, Joe and Lynx.  I am not sure of the versions of
> any of the foregoing, but they were the latest available three months ago.
> everything is going great so far except for  Lynx.
>
> Whenever I load it, I get some general instructions and several links.
> After clicking on a link I go to the Lynx web site and they want me to down
> load andinstall that particular program.  However, I already have a lynx
> program loaded and all I want is to get to it's command line so that I can
> use the net.
>
> Also After reading a manual on Lynx or rather a very long list of many
> pages of commands, I am wondering if if there is a more user friendly web
> browser?  I heard somewhere about one called w3m, but don't know if it has
> a version for Linux.  does anyone have any information on it?
>
> I would be very appreciative for any assistance anyone  can give me.
>
> Ed,

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group