user friendly browsers

Ed Thurston thurston at cfw.com
Wed Jul 4 12:00:19 EDT 2001

Hello all,

I am very much a newbie!  Around three months ago a friend set up this
Linux system for me and gave me some start up instructions.   I am using
Speakup, SlackWare, Elm, Joe and Lynx.  I am not sure of the versions of
any of the foregoing, but they were the latest available three months ago.
everything is going great so far except for  Lynx.

Whenever I load it, I get some general instructions and several links.
After clicking on a link I go to the Lynx web site and they want me to down
load andinstall that particular program.  However, I already have a lynx
program loaded and all I want is to get to it's command line so that I can
use the net.

Also After reading a manual on Lynx or rather a very long list of many
pages of commands, I am wondering if if there is a more user friendly web
browser?  I heard somewhere about one called w3m, but don't know if it has
a version for Linux.  does anyone have any information on it?

I would be very appreciative for any assistance anyone  can give me.

Ed,