OT: Pine Question

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Sun Jul 1 21:19:37 EDT 2001

Geoff:

I agree about the should part. Regretably, the world will never run as it
should.

Just to clarify for myself where this happens--these messages are, in
fact, generated within Pine, are they not? Do you know for sure? Else, I
would think I could do something about this with procmail where a variable
could represent the actual char set number. It's certainly not sufficient
to specify any particular set--there are too many in use to avoid using
some kind of variable expansion.

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Geoff Shang wrote:

> Hi:
>
> AFAIK, there is no real easy way to get around this one.  Obviously
> X-unknown is not a character set and the responsible person should fix
> their E-mail client.  Iso-8859-1 is by far the most used one, so this is
> the best to have it set to.  The other one I come across is windows-1212.
> IMHO, everyone should be using iso-latin-1 unless they regularly need
> non-western symbols.
>
> Geoff.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development