Patch Problems

William Stianche wstianch at orca.st.usm.edu
Mon Jan 22 09:56:21 EST 2001

I am still clueless about why there was a 2.0 kernel source on my RedHat7.0
distro but I have gotten everything more or less straightened out.  I
downloaded the 2.4 kernel and after some time the computer is now talking.  But
I ran into one problem It seems that installing a new kernel killed gdm so most
of what the computer is saying is gdm errors about every 30 sec. or so. I got a
tip to uninstall and re rpm gdm and that should fix it.  With any luck I will
have everything smoothed out in an hour or so.

Thank you all for you help,
William Stianche