not working yet

Bruce Noblick bnoblick at columbus.rr.com
Sat Jan 20 23:25:36 EST 2001

Hi!

I added the line
serial 0 9600
to the syslinux.cfg file like you suggested when I called.  Well, it speaks
up through the boot prompt.  After entering the line starting with linux,
there is disk activity and finally a message about an error and a prompt to
press any key to reboot.  When you press a key, it starts over.  I saw
various labels in the syslinux.cfg file and just for grins, I tried them
instead of typing linux.  The behavior was identical to typing linux.  If I
typed any other string, it said kernel image not found and returned to the
boot prompt.  I don't know if it is significant but pressing the F6 key
produced the same resultas typing linux instead of displaying the file that
was associated with it like the other function keys did.  All of the other
function keys spoke the contents of the file that were associated with them.

I hope there is something here that makes sense to someone.

Thanks again for the help.

Enjoy!
Bruce