the bible

Thomas D. Ward tward at bright.net
Wed Jan 17 12:48:19 EST 2001

Hi, Tyler. I have a couple of King James bibles for Linux in the works.
One will be a html version which can be used on the MS Windows or Linux
platform, and will probably be out sometime this summer.
However, I also have been looking into a more in depth bible written in C or
C++ that would have alot of tools such as a Strongs Concordence, Hebrew and
Greek dictionaries, old and new testaments, and probably the Good Speed
version of the Apocrypha.
In addition I hope to add an optional tts engine if I can get help on
designing one for it.
I don't know when this version will be out. It all depends on how long it
takes me to get a beta ready to go.
You'll find that there isn't many speech accessible Bibles out there with a
lot of tools for getting back to the original languages and understanding
the Hebrew and Greek manuscripts, and less working with the english
translations that have small errors of translation in them.